How to take your wig from gross to great!
This isn’t a new method at all, but instead my results using this tutorial.
While the before shot is pretty terrible photo quality to begin with, you can see the wig is basically a ratty, gross-looking mess.
- Find a tank or bucket and empty a capful of fabric softener into it (more softener if your wig is longer).
- Add enough water to submerge the wig, and make sure to flip it inside out before you put it in the water. Swish it around to make sure it’s saturated, and then let it soak for a few days. I left mine is for a little over two days, but I would suggest leaving it in closer for the five days the original tutorial suggests.
- Lay the wig out on a towel to dry. I didn’t wash out the fabric softener, and when it was damp instead of dripping, I put it on a wig stand.
- After it’s completely dry, brush through it with a wig brush, or at least a brush with wire teeth. Plastic teeth will create static and no one wants that.
- If you need a wig brush, try checking out beauty stores. Failing that, you can usually find wire brushes at pet stores, and they work as well as any wig brush.
- Spray lightly with dry shampoo or sprinkle with talcum powder. Brush your wig again after a few minutes to help disperse the powder and keep your wig from looking chalky. You may experience a small amount of shedding during the brushing process, but it shouldn’t be anything too severe.
And there you have it!
KILL BOTS GET MONEY. You ladies ready to make some scrap metal??
HEY guess what else I did today
okay no more face spam until tomorrow, promise
Different editing style?? ugh i don’t know what i am doing
Bought a purple button-up today in celebration of three more images of Miss Pauling ( ´ ▽ ` )
Found this while looking for some other tutorial.
HOLY CRAP, RELEVANT TO MY ROBOT COSPLAY NEEDS
would b good 4 carapace cosplay, too
yep. making these as soon as i feel well enough.
and I wonder why I’m still single
gdi I want to work on cosplay but I don’t have any materials or a sewing machine and I won’t until next week
so I’m gonna make lists of supplies so I can plan my budget n shit
btw if anyone has tips on where to buy good contacts that’d be GRAND
things I am very much considering adding to my cosplay list